Site Announcements

Migration has been completed however the main site is still not completely working.
The forums should be fine but let me know if any issues.

Help support AFLtcc by registering on Gimko Register Here

NRL error card

Discuss what you think about the retro set to be released

NRL error card

Postby absti3 » 13 Sep 2007, 08:38

Someone has posted a message on the message board stating there is an error on 1 of the NRL Scanlens cards and they can replace it with the corrected card by sending the error card back to Select and then receive the correct one. The person is asking what they should do and which 1 would be more valuable, thoughts?
absti3
Recommended AFLtcc Trader

Postby go_carlton2004 » 13 Sep 2007, 18:12

I seen that, but I dont know if all of them are the same and which player it is. I think ultimately if they are all the same, you would want to know how many have been returned before you send yours in.

Plus what is the error anyway? Could make a difference to what people are willing to pay for a corrected one or the error etc.

I think I would snipe an error one on Ebay and send mine back, then you have both the error and the correction, the thing is, what is the error can you tell what it is from the pic online and who is it?

Still, they were printed 2003 how did it take them till now to notice the error? Obviously someone who bought them called them to tell them, useless Select. 2750 and you can't get it right!
go_carlton2004
AFLtcc HOF Legend

Postby baabaa5 » 20 Sep 2007, 21:35

Hi it think is was me who posted that message. I have decided to keep the error card. The error was on the Brad Fittler card which was spelt with only one "t" on the front. I emailed select and they apologised for the error but insisted on getting the error card back before returning the corrected one.
With the NRL set as well the prices I have noticed that the cards are going for a lot less than the AFl cards. The Brad Fittler error card has only been sold by one person and went for only $188.50.
I have tracked the sets that have been sold since I received mine and only 3 sets have appeared on ebay so most have been kept intact. I also wonder if all were sold.
I was dissappointed not to get an AFL set as the value is much better but I'm stuck with this set hoping it does grow in value over time. The highest price for any card sold so far has been only $285.65 which is a far cry from some of the prices I have seen for the AFl cards.
Oh well ... what are your thoughts
baabaa5
Just joined the Draft

Postby absti3 » 21 Sep 2007, 15:24

Definately hang onto them for a while and if you want to sell them wait maybe a couple of yrs as once it all dies down u will rarely see them for sale on ebay imo. So when u do sell people will bid as it maybe their only chance to get them or they may have to wait another 2 yrs before any other show up.
absti3

Return to 2003 Scanlens Retro Set