Site Announcements

Migration has been completed however the main site is still not completely working.
The forums should be fine but let me know if any issues.

Help support AFLtcc by registering on Gimko Register Here

Most Amazing Sales 2014

If you see an amazing sale on ebay this is a great place to discuss it

Re: Most Amazing Sales 2014

Postby BLOWN8 » 10 Jun 2014, 09:14

Hasnt this guys cards value fallen big time since his move north? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/121354491012 ... _127wt_984
Thats atleast half what they were going for last year, very disappointing!
BLOWN8
Recommended AFLtcc Trader

Postby ba_hawks » 10 Jun 2014, 19:48

BLOWN8 wrote:Hasnt this guys cards value fallen big time since his move north? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/121354491012 ... _127wt_984

Yep! Couldn't beleive what I got for it :(
ba_hawks
Star Player

Postby boofhead » 10 Jun 2014, 19:53

BLOWN8 wrote:Hasnt this guys cards value fallen big time since his move north? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/121354491012 ... _127wt_984

Ouch!!!
boofhead
Star Player

Postby Go North » 10 Jun 2014, 20:00

Same thing happened for my Dynasty Signature. I got about half what it was worth. :(
Go North

Postby wockrog » 10 Jun 2014, 20:03

Go North wrote:Same thing happened for my Dynasty Signature. I got about half what it was worth. :(

you got to know when to hold them....and know when to sell them....... :D
The 3 Golden Rules of life
1. Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
2. If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
3. The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on my list.
wockrog
AFLtcc HOF Legend

Postby ba_hawks » 11 Jun 2014, 10:37

wockrog wrote:
Go North wrote:Same thing happened for my Dynasty Signature. I got about half what it was worth. :(

you got to know when to hold them....and know when to sell them....... :D

So Wockrog... When is a good time to sell them? Sell the buddy plat?

I would have thought deep into the footy season when Buddy is playing very good footy & before series 2 release & everyone's cash is spent on series 2 would be a good time ! ? & that's exactly why I sold it at this time.
(Albeit some people would be saving up for series 2 now)
ba_hawks
Star Player

Postby wockrog » 11 Jun 2014, 12:09

If I was looking to move it on I would have sold when the rumour mill started the story that he was leaving the Hawks....theres a lot more Hawks collectors than Sydney collectors, once a player leaves a club their worth drops away dramatically...Would I buy a Daisy Thomas Collingwood card because he's now at Carlton....no way known.....Would a Collingwood collector want it now he's left probably but they won't pay a lot for it.....personally would I sell a Gibbs card now because hes rumoured to be leaving, no I wouldn't because he's part of our history.
1. Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
wockrog
AFLtcc HOF Legend

Postby jefferson » 11 Jun 2014, 12:25

Collecting Nick O'Brien Draft Prospects!
Dons Wantlist
viewtopic.php?f=147&t=12048
jefferson
Star Player

Postby ba_hawks » 11 Jun 2014, 13:19

wockrog wrote:If I was looking to move it on I would have sold when the rumour mill started the story that he was leaving the Hawks....theres a lot more Hawks collectors than Sydney collectors, once a player leaves a club their worth drops away dramatically...Would I buy a Daisy Thomas Collingwood card because he's now at Carlton....no way known.....Would a Collingwood collector want it now he's left probably but they won't pay a lot for it.....personally would I sell a Gibbs card now because hes rumoured to be leaving, no I wouldn't because he's part of our history.

Ohh! Wow thanks captain obvious & thanks for the lesson lol. Do you really think I am that naive as not to realise drop in value Swans v Hawks? & should have sold when rumours started.

Just for the record- I contemplated selling it at the time the rumours started however I was hoping that he wasn't leaving :( At which point I would have liked to keep that card in the PC.

When he did go however, I thought to myself- when is the best time to sell this card? & I thought now, deep in the footy season & particularly as he has been playing good footy of late, & before series 2 is released is a good time. Unless you can tell me and everyone else what a better time would have been to sell this card given I did not want to sell this card if he stayed at the hawks and was willing to pin my hopes on him staying?
ba_hawks
Star Player

Postby George85 » 11 Jun 2014, 15:33

sh*t happens, sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you dont.

The best time to sell is usually in the first month of release.

I personally banked on the Prime Drafts from last year increasing in value, so I kept about 30 Richmond PDs and my near full set. If I had sold when they were hot early on in the piece I would have got $90-100 for each Richmond one, now I'd be lucky to get $50.
George85
AFLtcc HOF member

Postby Go North » 11 Jun 2014, 17:06

I got my Buddy 2005 DPS after he left Hawthorn so I was sh!t out of luck.
Go North

Postby wockrog » 11 Jun 2014, 18:32

ba_hawks wrote:
wockrog wrote:If I was looking to move it on I would have sold when the rumour mill started the story that he was leaving the Hawks....theres a lot more Hawks collectors than Sydney collectors, once a player leaves a club their worth drops away dramatically...Would I buy a Daisy Thomas Collingwood card because he's now at Carlton....no way known.....Would a Collingwood collector want it now he's left probably but they won't pay a lot for it.....personally would I sell a Gibbs card now because hes rumoured to be leaving, no I wouldn't because he's part of our history.

Ohh! Wow thanks captain obvious & thanks for the lesson lol. Do you really think I am that naive as not to realise drop in value Swans v Hawks? & should have sold when rumours started.

Just for the record- I contemplated selling it at the time the rumours started however I was hoping that he wasn't leaving :( At which point I would have liked to keep that card in the PC.

When he did go however, I thought to myself- when is the best time to sell this card? & I thought now, deep in the footy season & particularly as he has been playing good footy of late, & before series 2 is released is a good time. Unless you can tell me and everyone else what a better time would have been to sell this card given I did not want to sell this card if he stayed at the hawks and was willing to pin my hopes on him staying?

Well you did ask??
wockrog
AFLtcc HOF Legend

Postby Go North » 11 Jun 2014, 19:17

Hey Guys lets get back on topic it's "Most Amazing Sales 2014" not "How I lost out due to that splitter Buddy franklin 2014" :lol:
Go North

Postby wockrog » 11 Jun 2014, 19:58

Go North wrote:Hey Guys lets get back on topic it's "Most Amazing Sales 2014" not "How I lost out due to that splitter Buddy franklin 2014" :lol:

just ask Chris and I will deliver check this one out...thought it was a fair price until I saw the postage...might give it a miss I think
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2001-AFL-Tea ... 6aa&_uhb=1
wockrog
AFLtcc HOF Legend

Postby ba_hawks » 11 Jun 2014, 20:31

wockrog wrote:
ba_hawks wrote:

Well you did ask??

:lol:
ba_hawks
Star Player

Postby collingwood » 11 Jun 2014, 20:34

wockrog wrote:
Go North wrote:Hey Guys lets get back on topic it's "Most Amazing Sales 2014" not "How I lost out due to that splitter Buddy franklin 2014" :lol:

just ask Chris and I will deliver check this one out...thought it was a fair price until I saw the postage...might give it a miss I think
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2001-AFL-Tea ... 6aa&_uhb=1

LOL. Mistake, I think. Probably meant $1.60.
collingwood

Postby collingwood » 11 Jun 2014, 20:36

Really nice card - these blank flags hardly ever got out. Might actually be the only one you'll see. And to get Barassi's signature on something these days I think will become harder and harder. It'll be interesting to see if he gets the price.
collingwood

Postby collingwood » 25 Jun 2014, 19:28

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/111386676781 ... 1423.l2649

Some great 1963 Scanlens just sold. This is the pick of the bunch.
collingwood

Postby wockrog » 25 Jun 2014, 19:47

collingwood wrote:http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/111386676781?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Some great 1963 Scanlens just sold. This is the pick of the bunch.

Q: Would you take $500 for this one? Cheers Paul....was this you Collingwood??
wockrog
AFLtcc HOF Legend

Postby wockrog » 25 Jun 2014, 19:51

wockrog
AFLtcc HOF Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Most Amazing Sales