Site Announcements

Migration has been completed however the main site is still not completely working.
The forums should be fine but let me know if any issues.

Help support AFLtcc by registering on Gimko Register Here

Cursed Local PO

Discuss issues you have found with postage costs, packaging, tips etc. Please do not refer directly to peoples names or user names

Cursed Local PO

Postby BorderMailSpecial » 02 Feb 2009, 14:20

I'm getting pretty frustrated at the local Post Ofice right now, once again a parcel has been left on my front doorstep for anyone passing by to see and take.

The first instance was a few months ago, when my better half found a parcel at the front door after checking the mail. I though this a little odd as previously I had usually had to pick them up when I wasn't at home to receive the delivery. But I thought little of it at the time, as it was regular post and a small package that could have almost fit into some letter boxes.

A few weeks later the same had happened again, this time being an express post parcel, then again a few days later, by this time I was getting a little concerned with the negligent way they were treating my items.

Today I arrived home to find yet another parcel sitting out the front, just waiting for somebody's prying hands.
To make it worse this was a registered parcel, and written in the top corner;

"Signed for by Lisa (Delivery Girl)"

Since when can a delivery driver sign for items? I've half a mind to claim I never received the parcel and really cause a skit storm.

Really, why would we bother paying for registered when that is how it is treated?

What is really annoying about this is that a two months ago I had an ebay item never show up, and this could be the very reason.

Anyhoo, just had to get that of my chest. If anyone has reccomendations on who I should be querying about this it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Thomas
They're not real sausages!!
BorderMailSpecial
Premiership Player

Re: Cursed Local PO

Postby SWINE » 02 Feb 2009, 14:45

Say it never showed up, i would!!!! And then ask them to show you where u signed for it!!!
SWINE
Forums Support
Forums Support

Postby absti3 » 02 Feb 2009, 15:21

First tell the local post office about the registered mail being left unsigned. If its not registered generally they will leave it at the door or your letterbox. I too was annoyed but it seems to have been fixed ie damaged cards not being replaced. If its registered and the local delivery lady has signed for it well thats not good enough . You havent signed for it so u may just say it never arrived. However, in this case it has and you could ask why it was left at the door and dont do it again. I would get registered every time its only a few dollars and for items you really want its the best way.
absti3
Recommended AFLtcc Trader

Postby go_carlton2004 » 02 Feb 2009, 15:29

The Postie can leave Non Registered parcels on the doorstep as long as its under cover and is not in clear view of the street. As for Registered Post, thats not on, they can not sign for it themselves and leave it. Therefore, call Head Office and make a formal complaint, I can't even think of an instance where that is acceptable.
go_carlton2004
AFLtcc HOF Legend

Postby absti3 » 02 Feb 2009, 15:31

What would happen Carlton if he did complain and the item went missing say and the Signature when checked was the local post person?? Surely that would be a major no no and possible reprimand of some sort? they could be doing it for other customers too.
absti3

Postby go_carlton2004 » 02 Feb 2009, 15:57

Lets just say that I strongly recommend that the issue be raised with AP HQ in Melbourne.
go_carlton2004
AFLtcc HOF Legend

Postby BorderMailSpecial » 02 Feb 2009, 17:55

Cheers for the advice guys, may call Aust. Post tomorrow.

Nothing of particular value in this parcel, but I just dread to think of some High-end sig. sitting in the hot sun just waiting to be spirited away.
They're not real sausages!!
BorderMailSpecial
Premiership Player

Postby collingwood » 03 Feb 2009, 05:54

I've had parcels left behind the bins with a card in the letter box telling me the parcel's behind the bins. No problems with that so far, but really, the best solution is to get a PO Box if you can afford one or have high volume of mail.

As for the registered parcel being signed for by someone other than yourself, that's against Aus Post policy and you should register a complaint against your local PO through their central complaints area. A complaint directly to the PO won't solve the problem - get the head honchos out to check their processes.
collingwood

Postby longsufferingcatsfan » 06 Feb 2009, 00:06

collingwood wrote:I've had parcels left behind the bins with a card in the letter box telling me the parcel's behind the bins. No problems with that so far, but really, the best solution is to get a PO Box if you can afford one or have high volume of mail.

As for the registered parcel being signed for by someone other than yourself, that's against Aus Post policy and you should register a complaint against your local PO through their central complaints area. A complaint directly to the PO won't solve the problem - get the head honchos out to check their processes.

Why would you register a complaint against the local PO? It's nothing to do with them. It will be a contractor who's jack of writing out parcel pick up slips.
Go to your local PO and tell them, they'll probably be pissed about it too. (it gives them a bad name, even though it's nothing to do with them, unless of course they have the mail contract) Get a complaint form and fill it out. You get a copy of it and they send it off. AP will contact you for the follow up.
If it's not a contractor and it's actually an AP employed mailman still go in and fill out a complaint form and I'd ring them up too. 13 13 18 or whatever it is.
The only circumstances where the person delivering it can sign on your behalf is if you've signed a standing order giving them authority to do this. The exceptions to this are platinum express and hand to hand where the recipient must sign regardless.
When I moved back to Geelong I had problems with the parcel contractor not carding articles for me to pick up. I'd wander into my local PO and there'd be parcels that had been sitting there for a week, sometimes longer. I told the people at the PO and filled in a complaint form. It hasn't happened since. Pisses the people at the PO of too as they have parcels everywhere taking up valuable space.

I will say one thing though I had my PO when ebay really started taking off in Australia. Bloody hell it created a lot of extra work, used to drive me mad. Why can't they just sell footy cards on ebay and nothing else? ? At least they're easy to handle and don't take up much space. lol.
longsufferingcatsfan
Premiership Player

Postby patterz123 » 09 Apr 2009, 00:42

Yeh that is definetly not right leaving a registered item unattended.
I once received a mobile phone from ebay posted in a box mailer left over my back gate in my backyard,
lucky i even saw it that day!!

But thesedays i get nothing delivered that is registered, even when i am home.
Front Door wide open and still a slip is put in my letterbox, kind off oposite to your situation!!
*Ben Cousins "Every Card made Chase"*
My Benny Cuz pc can be found at:
http://www.patterz123.yolasite.com
patterz123
Second Year star

Postby CardCruiser » 09 Apr 2009, 00:59

When I moved to Kyabaram,I did not have a letterbox as I live in a residence. I was given a concession deal for a P.O
box and this was probably better in the long run,anyway. I agree that if you can- do it, and aren't your cards worth the money to protect them? Any postie that thinks signing for an item themselves is asking for trouble , you said it's constantly unprofessional. I would send a strongly worded complaint right up Aust Post's .... Well fill in the dots, you get the idea. Like you said, why risk a high end sig being left out there for anyone to take?

Cruising off to bed,to dream about cards.ZZZZZZZZZZZ

Card Cruiser
Money talks but inserts Sparkle

SCANLENS 1975-89 BUY/SELL/TRADE
DEALS/TRADES
M Zulian- Thread up
Porps- Thread up PM SENT
CardCruiser

Postby goswannies » 09 Apr 2009, 21:45

Most of the complaints here are about where deliveries are left. I've had problems with many regular post letters not even reaching the destination or to being delivered to me. I know this because the person sending it to me emails me to tell me it's on the way or I email the person to ask if they've received my letter/parcel.
Australian citizens as a nation should take out a class action for failure to provide the service we pay for.
goswannies
Rookie

Postby dannyboy4 » 30 Jun 2009, 17:16

just make sure people send ur items in a size 0 or 1 parcel that way u can get it put in ur post box
D.Huntington
dannyboy4
AFLtcc Rising Star

Return to Postage rate issues