Site Announcements

Migration has been completed however the main site is still not completely working.
The forums should be fine but let me know if any issues.

Help support AFLtcc by registering on Gimko Register Here

Best way to pack cards for sending?

Discuss issues you have found with postage costs, packaging, tips etc. Please do not refer directly to peoples names or user names

Best way to pack cards for sending?

Postby stillcollecting » 17 Jun 2009, 12:54

Hi, as most of you know I have been hunting down teamcoach cards for my friend. I have purchased most of them from ebay and most of them have arrived with excellent packaging. I have had 1 or 2 sellers send me cards just in normal envelopes :x which doesn't offer much protection.
As my friend has many doubles, he want to uload or should I say trade / sell them, so I have posted and add on this forum. Now I have had interest in these cards from fellow collectors, So I want to make sure that if I send some cards out that they are well protected and I definately don't want to rip people off with postage costs.
Any advice on the best way to send them would be appreciated :)

This is what I have come up with -

Size 0 Padded Bag (127x178mm) from Australia Post = $0.95
Postage according to Australia Post Website for 5-20mm thockness = $1.10
Registered Post (for piece of mind) = $2.75

Now, I have read something about top loaders??? :oops: Are they the plastic pockets? Also are they needed to protect the cards for transit or is what I mentioned above enough?

So from what I have worked out, to send a card/s via regular post should cost $2.05 and via registered post $4.80.

I would love to hear what other members think regarding what I have mentioned above.

Thanks in advance, John.
stillcollecting
Rookie

Re: Best way to pack cards for sending?

Postby SWINE » 17 Jun 2009, 14:27

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1519

Have a read if this.....
SWINE
Forums Support
Forums Support

Return to Postage rate issues