Site Announcements

Migration has been completed however the main site is still not completely working.
The forums should be fine but let me know if any issues.

Help support AFLtcc by registering on Gimko Register Here

SUBMISSION FOR SELECT

General Chat topics about Select Australia

Re: SUBMISSION FOR SELECT

Postby paulbridges88 » 07 Jun 2013, 11:18

Yes very true. I think The Upper Deck Exquisite series in basketball cards is a great example on ehat can be done. Even emulating their idea of 1 of 1 cards? With select generally keeping the number 1 of everything maybe release a some cards limited to 2. Select still keep their number one but effectively only one card available to the public.
paulbridges88
Rookie

Postby George85 » 07 Jun 2013, 11:26

paulbridges88 wrote:Yes very true. I think The Upper Deck Exquisite series in basketball cards is a great example on ehat can be done. Even emulating their idea of 1 of 1 cards? With select generally keeping the number 1 of everything maybe release a some cards limited to 2. Select still keep their number one but effectively only one card available to the public.

What I suggested on another forum was, since its 30 years since Selects first release, they could get some former players to sign some 1993 Common Cards - and insert them as 1/1 cards (with redemption cards of course).

Very similar to what they've done with NBA cards.

I'd also love to see a Parallel Set (1 per pack) of today's in the style of the 1993 common cards, with action photos similar to the ones they used to take back then.
George85
AFLtcc HOF member

Postby blocka2004 » 07 Jun 2013, 11:46

i like the idea of a 93 style parallel set. I still think a father son set would be good, with combo's from 93 and now,
even a dual signature series from 93 and now, watson, ablett, libba, daniher, viney,mitchell are afew of the combos that were playing in 93 and now.

There could even be a dustin fletcher 20 year card. i assume he would have the most base cards of any player.
blocka2004
Premiership Player

Postby Scottwalker29 » 16 Oct 2013, 23:11

I agree with the Father Son. Lots of great combos to be acknowledged whether thay are signature or not.
Scottwalker29
Just joined the Draft

Previous

Return to Select Australia