Site Announcements

Migration has been completed however the main site is still not completely working.
The forums should be fine but let me know if any issues.

Help support AFLtcc by registering on Gimko Register Here

The Pies and their trips to Arizona , is it an advantage?

This will be the area that you will find Topics that have run their course and been stock piled here out of the way. Many of these have not have and comments added for a long period of time and have been lock.

The Pies and their trips to Arizona , is it an advantage?

Postby absti3 » 08 Jul 2007, 11:09

Game after game since last year the Pies have more often than not come home strong or run games out better than most. The first yr they visited Arizona a lot was made about it how they went and used the oxygen chambers etc abit like the distant runners but these things take a few yrs to take effect i really believe it is having an affect, even if part of it is psychological. This is where the richer teams can have some advantage where as my own team not as endowed with money trekked up some local mountains :lol:
There is know doubt as Michael Voss said today if the coaches keep harping on the advantage to their players of the training in Arizona the players will start believing it but i personally think their is a physical advantage, as Brisbane did with their drip system a few yrs back remember the bandages on the upper arms from the needle insertions :shock: . Hate to say it but the Pies r really on the right track this yr and have fought out many a great win, real chance to make the big one this yr , winning is a different story. Hard fought wins are much more advantageous than easy wins .
absti3
Recommended AFLtcc Trader

Postby longsufferingcatsfan » 08 Jul 2007, 13:18

Of course it helps, how many world records were set at high altitude in the Mexico City Olympics in 1968? Cross country skiers are said to be the fittest athletes in the world, Miguel Indurain, Lance Armstrong to name a few.
longsufferingcatsfan
Premiership Player

Postby absti3 » 08 Jul 2007, 13:35

I wonder if the Pies win the big game how many other teams will follow suit.
absti3

Postby longsufferingcatsfan » 08 Jul 2007, 16:43

How many other teams can afford to do it? Not too many I'd imagine.

There is a high altitude training centre in Australia, it's part of the A.I.S. just can't quite remember where it is, I've seen it, the Australian Swim team was there using it when I saw it. It's either somewhere in the Victorian Ski Fields or somewhere around Cooma or Jindabyne in N.S.W.

And Collingwood won't win it.
longsufferingcatsfan
Premiership Player

Postby collingwood » 08 Jul 2007, 21:05

Altitude training might provide a small physical advantage which improves endurance, but I think the benefit is just as much to do with bonding and teamwork. And no doubt Collingwood has good people around its players.

It is certainly not about the umpiring, I'll tell you that much. :lol:

Can't wait for the game next week against Geelong - it should be a classic.
collingwood

Postby longsufferingcatsfan » 08 Jul 2007, 22:38

Hopefully the shitty weather is gone by then, but I'm not holding my breath.
longsufferingcatsfan
Premiership Player

Return to General Chat - Old Topics