Site Announcements

Migration has been completed however the main site is still not completely working.
The forums should be fine but let me know if any issues.

Help support AFLtcc by registering on Gimko Register Here

Footy cards on channel 9 news.

This forum area is for conversations and information about Cigarette cards for the collectors of older cards. This covers cigarette cards, confectionary cards, and other advertisement cards. pre 1960.

Footy cards on channel 9 news.

Postby richo01 » 09 May 2009, 19:22

Tomorrow night on Chaneel 9 Melbourne news they will show a short story about footy cards. I think they just interview Rick Milne. Anyway should be worth watching.

Also Rick Milne has an auction on May 17th. Here are some cards up for sale.
richo01
Recommended AFLtcc Trader

Re: Footy cards on channel 9 news.

Postby collingwood » 09 May 2009, 23:54

Yeah, I came in the room at the end of that promotion. Rick's auction's got some great cards - about 4 1963 Scanlens, all in what you could call near mint - they're a bit browned. Some excellent Valentines and Weekly Times postcards as well, and some varieties of Suburban Premiums not seen (error cards - wrong name on the back with a strike out and the corrected name). Auction's being held at the Carlton Bowls Club I think as the Princes Park facilities are being renovated.
collingwood

Postby endo » 10 May 2009, 15:01

The valentine Postcards (the coloured team ones) will be interesting. At Leski's Auctions last year these realised $400-$600 dollars per card! The Scanlens 1963 will be interesting as well. I have seen these sell for over $2000 on eBay but given the financial situation I suspect they will fetch less. be a good guide where things are in the market. For some reason the 1963 Farmer (not at this auction) is really hard to find. Anyone know why?
endo
AFLtcc Rising Star

Postby dannyboy4 » 01 Jul 2009, 17:17

yeh saw that, good watch
D.Huntington
dannyboy4
AFLtcc Rising Star

Return to Cigarette / Confectionary Card Topics