Site Announcements

Migration has been completed however the main site is still not completely working.
The forums should be fine but let me know if any issues.

Help support AFLtcc by registering on Gimko Register Here

my footy record collection

The area is for chat about the AFL/VFL Football record and various other football game programs from around Australia

my footy record collection

Postby langers1971 » 03 Jun 2009, 08:03

i will be happy to post the very first thread in this new forum.

I have a rather large Hawthorn footy record collection, goes back to round 1 1960 to the present day, just missing 6 records, 4 from 1961, and 2 from 1965. I know of a couple of people who have the records i need, but nothing short of death threats seems to be the only way to get them to part with them. i have all Hawthorn finals records, as well as most of our night series (1977 onwards) records, just need 4 more of them.

i beleive the records of the '60s-'70s to be much better than todays efforts, they were black and white back then, a5 size, but there seemed more to read in them, especially about the previous weeks matches, and the upcoming games, then what we have given to us today.

if anyone thinks they can help me with what i am looking for, then i would love to hear from you. i always love to hear stories from other footy record collectors.

thanks

steven
langers1971
Rookie

Re: my footy record collection

Postby wafler » 03 Jun 2009, 08:38

Hi steven, I think we have conversed before and I think this new topic is a great idea.

I can't help you with your needs.

I am a west coast and wafl follower. I collected cards and decided to get on the record bandwagon quite late in about 2004. I am missing about 50 west coast records and several night records to complete the collection. I have lived in victoria for 15 years and many of those I need are between 2000 and 2004 for games played in perth. Also chasing a few sydney v west coast in sydney records.

With the wafl, I am not trying for a complete collection, only buying things that interest me mainly preseason and testimonial games as well as a selection of finals.

Always interested.
wafler
AFLtcc HOF member

Postby esaint66 » 03 Jun 2009, 09:26

I have almost every st kilda record from 1992 to the present day, i'll release a list of ones i need in the near future.
esaint66
AFLtcc Rising Star

Postby wafler » 03 Jun 2009, 13:09

Need the following st kilda records if you have any spares

1987 Round 8 May 16. St Kilda v West Coast, Moorabbin
1995 Round 16 July 22. St Kilda v West Coast, Waverley.
2000 Round 18 July 8. West Coast v St Kilda, WACA.
2003 Round 3 April 12. West Coast v St Kilda, Subiaco.
wafler
AFLtcc HOF member

Postby johnnytheboy1 » 03 Jun 2009, 13:29

Francis Doherty has alot of football records for sale he usually has a stall at the maribyrnong fair his website is as follows
www.atgfootball.com. Look at his website he has the may stocklist up.
johnnytheboy1
Star Player

Postby www.grandoldflag.net » 03 Jun 2009, 23:38

Hi all,
I too am addicted to collecting vintage Football Records and am missing only 7 Melbourne FC records from 1949 to present day. Always interested in Finals, H&As, practice matches, State games, overseas games etc etc etc
I also have around 2000 records available for sale or trade and am always happy to receive wants lists. Some of these can be found at http://www.grandoldflag.net. Also I recently purchased an enormous Richmond/Brisbane Bears collection which has not yet been incorporated into my Spares list but I will be selling at Sandown later this month so if there's any Records that anyone's chasing, please come along........
www.grandoldflag.net
Second Year star

Return to Football Records and game programs